8.08.2011

Our New Life . . .

Photobucket
We are slowly but surely getting settled in our new home.  We traveled like crazy in July, so now that we have hit
August, I am making it my goal to really get to know our new town and make some good friends.  Overall, we are
loving it here in the Teton Valley.  It is absolutely beautiful and the weather is to die for!  We got out of KC just in
time as far as the weather is concerned!  Everyone says that the winters are pretty brutal here, but if we can have
summers like this, I am willing to live through almost anything.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
We were lucky enough to have my sister Ali and her kids come up for the weekend and we had such a fun time.  We shopped, visited the old fashioned soda fountain, made headbands and had a Harry Potter marathon. What a weekendl!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
For family night, we went to the driving range and we all had a blast.  I finally started to hit some balls straight and the kids loved running around in the beautiful mountain air.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Isn't her hair killer!
Photobucket
Photobucket
We went back to Spanish Fork for the 24th of July and we introduced our kids to the wonders of the rodeo!  It was such a fun night with my whole family and Hayden now wants to be a real cowboy when he grows up.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
And last, but not least, we relived my childhood by visiting the Bar J Wrangler dinner and show in Jackson last night.  We went practically every year with my Grandma and Grandpa growing up and it was just like I remember it!  Not much has changed, but it was fun to introduce my kids to something that I loved as a child.
Photobucket

6 comments:

Lechelle said...

Awe such cute pictures, we miss you! Cora looks like she has grown too much since you left :(

Aby Runyan said...

Glad you're loving your new home. We sure do miss you all here in KC though!

luvs, aby

Amy said...

Alright-offically jealous that you guys are wearing jeans and jackets in some pictures! I bet the weather is amazing! And what a beautiful back drop of the mountains. I think we may be visiting in the future!!! I miss your cute kiddos!

aLi said...

Kate I love looking at your blog, your pictures are beautiful (plus the people in them adorable!). Your blog makes me dream of having an SLR camera (or whatever kind it is!!!) Seriously so beautiful.
Looks like you guys are having a great time. I loved the picture of your dad holding Cora and her cousin. Just LOVED it. We miss you guys.

Emily said...

Kate, It looks so beautiful there! I'm with Amy -- I saw that jacket and was filled with envy. Cora is looking so grown up. We sure do miss you guys! They just called a new Seminary teacher today. Her name is Kate!

Anonymous said...

I am just retardedly jealous that you are living in my favorite place in the world. Ugh. We are moving to NM in 5 days but I've started looking for dates and flights to come up and visit the JH. You can bet your bottom dollar that I will not be coming there without a little visit with you. Enjoy that gorgeous place and the crisp, clean air. Is that weird that that's one of the things I miss the most? Crisp, clean air in the mornings? Weird. Love you. Congrats on your new life in ID!