6.08.2011

countdown

Well, we are down to our final 2 weeks here in KC. Most of our dear friends have already left and I must say that I am ready to make the big move to the land of potatoes (I never thought I would say that)! While life is definitely busy right now, we are squeezing in as much fun as possible during our final few weeks.



About 100 times a day, I hear Hayden ask if we can go outside so he can ride his new bike. We found this beauty on Craigslist for a steal and he loved it. We tried very unsuccessfully to teach him to ride it without training wheels, but he would have nothing to do with it.
Photobucket


But - then we got a cute video of our little 2 year old nephew Cash cruising down this dirt hill on his little balance bike and we were sold. Hay got his Strider about a week ago and on day 2 he was already lifting up his feet and balancing on it. AMAZING! Today, he rode all the way down the hill in our parking lot and is doing so great on it.
Another favorite past time is visiting the Y to go swimming. There is nothing better than a nice pool on a super hot, humid Missouri day!
Photobucket
Photobucket
My good friend Ashley also invited us over to the beach at a local lake and we had such a fun time. I swear Hayden could live in the water - now we just have to warm Cora up to the sand!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Memorial Day was spent at the annual Burneson BBQ and as you can see, the food was amazing!
Photobucket
We were also lucky enough to have Nate's cousin Mike and his family stop by for a couple of hours on their way to Nauvoo. Their girls are so sweet and it was good to see them one more time before we hit the road.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Amidst all the fun, my world came crashing down when Heidi had to up and move to St. Louis. Heidi - what in the world am I going to do without you! Life just isn't the same!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Thanks for the pics Tara!
Photobucket
Coco and I in our new dresses this last Sunday. I actually attempted to sew a new dress for myself. I used the tutorial from elleapparrel.blogspot.com and it actually worked out! It was a little wonky, but I was proud of myself none the less.
Photobucket
My cuties reading in Cora's crib.
Photobucket
Photobucket
One funny story - last Saturday morning, Hayden asked me if he could play Nate's Ipad. I told him no and he was really fine with it. A few minutes later, he went down to the basement and I didn't think anything of it. A little while later, Nate came upstairs and turned off the light in the basement. I asked him where Hayden was and he said he wasn't down there. I assured him that he was and this is where we found Hayden - in the back corner of the basement with the Ipad watching Peter Pan. What a stinker!
Photobucket
Photobucket
And for your viewing pleasure - My little ballerina!

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Cora's hair appears to be lightening up quite a bit, especially in the ballerina pics. She is so cute!

Lacey. Kellen. Beck. said...

LOVE the bike video! Beck was so entertained watching it. I've heard lots of good things about the balance bikes. I'll have to look into getting one for Beck! God luck with the big move!!