6.28.2011

Idaho, Here we Come!

Well, we made it safe and sound to our new home in Idaho.  It feels so crazy to have taken this huge step in our lives, but we feel so blessed to be where we are.  Since I am always a little behind, I have to catch up on our last few weeks in KC.
Photobucket
Photobucket
To start out with, our kids were obsessed with these funny goggles from Hay's amazing Sunbeam teacher.
Somehow we ended up with two pairs and Cora was sure glad!
Photobucket
We finished up our last weekend in Kansas City with some bike riding and fun at the park.  I didn't think that I would ever live anywhere as green as KC, but Idaho is sure giving it a run for its money.  It is absolutely beautiful here in the mountains and I am so glad we came during the summer so that I could experience the beauty of everything before the long, cold winter sets in.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
We said goodbye to our beloved Jone with a fantastic night out at Jazz.
Oh how we will miss our Missouri Grandma!  You better come and visit Jone!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
All of the residents and their families had a goodbye BBQ as well.  Nate was so blessed to work with such amazing people over the past year and we will miss all of them so much.
Photobucket
Photobucket
The only thing Hayden wanted to do to say goodbye to Kansas City was to go to Chuck E Cheese one last time.  Boy does he love that place!  Cora finally got the beauty of it as well when she discovered the little slide.  She loves a good slide!
Photobucket
Photobucket
One of the most exciting parts of our final days in the city were Cora's first steps.  She is definitely a little slow in the walking department, but she is finally getting it.  Just look at that concentration on her face!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Hayden spent a lot of his time while I was packing in his new favorite place - Cora's highchair playing with play-dough.  I don't know why he thought it was so cool to be in there, but it was nice for me!
Photobucket
We spent a lot of time packing and cleaning in our final days, but it was all worth it because on the day of check out, everything went so smoothly.  My mom and Nate's brother Freddie came in the day before and we went to Oklahoma Joe's one last time.  Then Wednesday morning, we started loading the truck at 9 am.  All of my cute Seminary boys came to help us load and it meant so much to me.  We had the truck loaded by a little after 10 and then boys played with the huge roll of saran wrap we had leftover. After everything was out, My mom and I had the house cleaned and we checked out by 12 o'clock.  It was amazing to hit the road so early and cover so much ground that first day.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Boys + Saran Wrap = A Very Fun Time
Photobucket
Photobucket
After 2 very long days of driving (especially for Nate - the truck had a crazy glitch in the wiring and he couldn't go over 60 miles per hour the entire drive.  They tried to get it fixed twice, but no one had the right equipment to fix it!) we finally made it to our new home in Idaho.  Our house is absolutely beautiful .  It's so nice, I don't know quite what to do with myself - especially after our funny townhome.  My parents spent a few days with us helping unpack and my in-laws helped so much with the kids and helping us get settled.  Thank heavens for wonderful families!
Photobucket
Photobucket
When we went to visit the office with my parents, I was pleasantly surprised to find
Nate's name already on the door of the office.  Way to go babe!
Photobucket
With my parents in town, we hopped over the mountain to Jackson for the night.  Hayden was excited to see the Cowboy Shootout in the Square and we had a fun time walking around the beautiful streets.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Overall, we are so excited for our new life here.  It is going to take some major adjusting for me - there is relatively no shopping to be found here! - but we are ready to stretch our wings and really embrace our new small town life.
Here's to hoping I survive!
Photobucket

7 comments:

Amy said...

We miss you all so much and reading this makes it so much more real! I am also glad the move and check out went smoothly. Good luck to settling in and I am sure small town life will be perfect for you! And what cute pictures of cora walking!!! Go Cora!

Nukaya Family said...

Glad you made it out here okay!
We are so happy for you guys and excited to see you more often!!
Your kids are getting so big, but are so darn cute!!

elizabeth said...

Congratulations on the big move. And Cora is certainly not lacking cuteness or hair.

James said...

Kate, Oh how we miss your big smile! The street is a total ghost town. Be sure to share pics of the new home. I'm so excited to hear that it's green and beautiful. Love ya!

James said...

Oops. That's actually Emily's comment. Not James.

aLi said...

I am so glad I wasn't there when you were loading your truck, I would've been bawling!!! Kate we miss you guys so much. I loved your pictures, Idaho looks wonderful.
Love you and miss you guys!!!

Margaret said...

Congrats on the big move! Can't wait to see pics of the house and what you're doing to the place. Your taste is so fun and colorful. I am loving Cora's hairbows, especially in the first few pics, think it might be felt?